Directions to our building
University of Colorado Denver - Downtown Campus
1250 14th St., Denver, CO, 80202
At 14th Street, between Larimer Street and Lawrence Street
CU-Denver Building, 6th Floor
A Bird's-Eye View of Our Building:
Walking Directions from Campus
From the Auraria Campus, the CU-Denver Building is located across Speer Boulevard, and across from the North Classroom. The front door is on 14th Street, between Larimer Street and Lawrence Street. The building is 8 stories tall, with the big letters C and U on it, which can be seen from the main campus. The department is located on the 6th floor.
If you are driving from the north:
If you are driving from the south:
- Shuttle service: Several shuttle companies provide service from DIA to downtown Denver. The Ground Transportation Information Center is located on Level 5 of the airport's main terminal. Request a stop at the Hotel Teatro, which is just across the Lawrence Street
- Bus: Take the RTD skyRide bus "AF". Route "AF" will take you downtown to the Market Street Station, which is only a 4-block walk to the CU-Denver Building. Visit the RTD information counter on Level 5 of the airport's main terminal, just inside door 506, for route information. You need to pay cash the exact fare ($11 as of 2011). This is the cheapest and convenient transportation, with the only disadvantage that the bus typically runs once an hour. From the Market Street Station, walk on 16-th Street two blocks South to Larimer Street, turn right and walk two blocs West to 14th Street, about ~10 min slow walk.
- Taxi: Expect to pay at least $60.
- Pena Blvd. WEST to I-70 WEST
- I-70 WEST to I-25 SOUTH (Exit 274)
- Exit 212A (Speer Blvd.)
- Turn left at Speer Blvd.
- Turn left at Market St.
- Turn right at 14th St.
- Cross Larimer St.
- 1250 14th St. is on your right
- There are parking meters on the streets surrounding the CU-Denver Building. They require coins.
- There are several city-owned and private lots within walking distance of the CU-Denver Building. View a parking lot map at the Downtown Denver Partnership website.
- If you have a CU-Denver, Metropolitan State College of Denver, or Community College of Denver ID, you may park on the Auraria Campus for a fee.
- There is also visitor parking on the Auraria Campus (be sure to click on the "Downtown Campus" tab).