Jan Mandel/Blog/2015 Oct Dec
- Generalization of Mercer theorem doi:10.1007/s00020-009-1680-3
Dec 27: For (prospective) graduate students
- https://www.math.purdue.edu/jobs/careers/faq how to choose grad school, job market,...
- http://www.math.harvard.edu/pamphlets/gradsch.pdf "You should ascertain that a university you are planning to apply to has top-quality tenured faculty members pursuing research in your potential field of specialization... The quality of other graduate students in the program is also very important... Visit... Ask where their former students are employed."
- http://www.ams.org/programs/students/findgradprograms/findgradprograms - formerly the annual book "Assistantships and Graduate Fellowships in the Mathematical Sciences"
- From http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/find-mac-cpu-model:
sysctl -n machdep.cpu.brand_string